If you are in need of credit repair, having a long credit history has a very positive impact. You should also have a large number of accounts in good standing with zero balances. This is a plus, not a negative, when attempting a credit repair. Your credit score is calculated by many factors such as payment history, amount of time you have had credit, how much you owe and much more. The following are some tips for you on credit repair:
- Don’t open multiple new accounts just to show a credit history.
- Always close out or transfer all accounts (gas, water, telephone, electric, cable) before you move.
- Late payments count against you. Do not miss payments on bills or loans.
- Don’t let others use your bank account, credit card, debit card or ATM card. You are responsible for your financial accounts.
- You can damage your credit record and will be charged fees if you overdraw your bank account.
- Account for recurring bills on your credit card, such as subscriptions or club dues.